Wednesday, January 30, 2008

You will be missed . . .




I am going to miss President Hinckley so much. The news of his death really came out of now where. Sure we all knew that he was an old man, but his energy seemed never ending. I never had the opportunity to meet him face to face, but just watching him twice a year in General Conference was such a treat. His warmth and love for everyone was so obvious. I always feel inspired when I see the different General Authorities speak, and I know they are great men, and I know they are called of God. President Hinckley had something different about him. Just one look at his sweet face and you had no doubts about how great and important he was. He truly loved the Lord, and he truly loved not only the people of the church, but he loved all the people of the world.
Most of our parents remember President McKay as "their" prophet. I will remember President Hinckley as mine. All of the prophets thus far have been wonderful men. But President Hinckley was the Prophet in my life when I definitely needed some guidance. I never met with him in is office, or spoke with him face to face; but his words gave me so much strength and continue to strengthen me always.
While I am sad that he is gone, I've also been thinking about what it must be like in Heaven right now. What a homecoming he must have received. I can't imagine the joy that he and everyone there must have felt to have such a magnificent Child of God return home again.

1 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

He will be "my" president as well. Just listening to him always made me cry, but happy tears. I bet the reunion was amazing--his sweet little wife was probably glad her wait was over.