Thursday, January 31, 2008

Giving up!

Last night we had 2 other couples over at our house for game night. It was a lot of fun! It was very last minute and I didn't have any food in my house... what did I put out for food and snacks? Mini corn dogs!!!!! I LOVE THEM! I like them more than my kids do. I think I buy them secretly for me. I'm hoping they don't finish them so that I can eat the rest! The food was ghetto but it was fun nonetheless!
The first game we played was the Newlywed Game DVD version. It was so funny!!! I swear most of those questions are designed to get the men in trouble. One of the questions was "Men, would you say your wife last gave up, or tried tried again?"
When this question was read on the screen Kel and I cracked up laughing. Earlier in the day I was in a bad mood. Actually I wouldn't even say I was in a bad mood, I'd say that everyone around me was annoying the hell out of me and putting me into a mood that I didn't want to be in! I didn't feel very good and I just wanted to lay on the couch and veg out. Kel was on the internet (BIG SURPRISE - he is on the computer about 90% of the time), and Liam and Arie were just standing on the floor staring right in my face and whining while I was trying to just chill out! I ignored them for quite some time but the whining and hands all over my face was getting to be more than I could bear. I picked both of them up, plopped them on the floor in their toy room (full of the toys we have bought for them so that they can entertain themselves), and then I walked back to the couch and continued to watch E!News (the only real news). About 90 seconds later they were both back in my face staring at me like I was their private entertainment staff! They were putting their feet all over me wiping their snotty hands on me, yelling and whining demands at me... all while Kel is still on the computer about 4 feet away. I knew Arie wanted something to drink so I threw the blanket I was using on the floor and began stomping towards the kitchen, Arie following closely behind whining the whole way. I got into the kitchen and I yelled "I QUIT! I'm not doing any of this anymore! I just want to do nothing!" I thought to myself I'll just get Arie's milk and then I'll really quit. But then I decided that was too nice of me. I turned around and looked at my snot nosed baby girl and yelled "I'm not even goin to do that!"
I walked into the living room and slammed my butt on the couch cushions and proudly anounced "I'm not doing anything anymore! I'm not doing any laundry! I'm not entertaining anyone! I'm not feeding anyone!! I'm not responsible for anything anymore! I QUIT! I GIVE UP!!!!!!!"
I was serious and determined to no longer be the one responsible for all. I looked over at Kel to make sure he knew how serious I was, and to make sure it was sinking in how much he was to do now. But he was just staring at the computer screen smiling. He wasn't smiling at anything on the computer, he was laughing at me! HOW DARE HE LAUGH AT ME?!? Didn't he know how important my display of power was? Didn't he understand that I really was never going to do anything ever again?
Kel got up and got Arie some milk and then took Liam into the toy room. He came back to the living room and laughed at me again.
I'm sorry to report that my moments of doing nothing didn't last very long. But one of these days .....

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow! Are we secretly related? I've wanted to quit MANY times, but somehow it never happens. One time I put myself in timeout and locked my door. It was awesome! When my kids knocked on the door I told them I was in timeout. I finally had to open the door when my HUSBAND was being such a baby about it. Nice to know I'm not the only one that wanted to quit. Afterall, why do they always have to whine?