Sunday, January 27, 2008

Snow to Sun!

We had to opportunity to go Sapporo Japan about a week ago. Kel had some time off so we loaded up the kids and took off for some fun in the SNOW!!!!!!! We left on a Tuesday morning and returned on Thursday night. Just a quick trip. Sadly Kel and I didn't get to hit the slopes :( but we did have a lot of fun watching Liam and Arie discover snow. Let me just say that it was COLD COLD COLD!!!!!!!!! We didn't have any cold weather clothes here (it is about 85 degrees year round) so we had to go to Ross and hope that we would get lucky, and we borrowed from many of neighbors who happened to have cold weather gear here. Thanks guys!!!!!!
Every year in Sapporo they have a world famous Snow Festival. Sadly we weren't there for that HAHA!!! But we were there while they were setting up. I suggest you get on the internet and look at some pictures so you can see how truly amazing the sculptures are. Being there for the set up was cool. Next year we will plan ahead a little bit better and hopefully be there for the real thing. Actually a lack of planning is my favorite thing about living here. I don't think we have planned a single trip an earlier than 12 hours before leaving! On-the-go is the name of the game here!!!
Anyway - I hope you enjoy pics of our crazy family!!!

Liam before we boarded our flight!!!!!

Liam and Dadddy on the train


Arie fell asleep - BIG surprise

Liam and me in front of the beginnings of a snow sculpture!

Liam and Arie taking a break from the cold in the department store toy section! I think Kelly like this section more than they did though. This store was amazing! 10 floors of gadgets really. There were 4 isles of toilet seats!!!!!!! Amazing toilet seats - they seriously were impressive!

Arie in front of the mini arcade games - these were CRAZY!!!!
a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiCIeD76FqOeRxf3sA8al8E51E5idbvVpMJdq9D-W4foSgw0n9hYFMUWIehLfSG1C1mLs75vG7BrbdZc-ru80WPP6Ird4pCq4b22DOfZ1hadGpAuMh9ZED0c_JIM8T5Lw6ArsbpfZ3NHqk/s1600-h/100_1568.jpg">
sweet girl - sweet mittens

Liam and Daddy checkin out the super fat pigeons

Liam and Arie sledding in the park - they had so much fun doing this. Liam had one face plant that upset him. Arie laughed the enitre time she was on the sled - it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Liam told us several times when we were on the plane that he wanted to make a Frosty the snow guy. The last night we were there it was so cold I was kind of hopng that he forgot about Frosty. Suddenly he yelled out Frosty! and we saw that someone had already made a snowman in the park! Liam was so excited he ran up to it and started telling Frosty all about our trip. It was really cute! Years from now we will tell him that we made the snowman HAHAHAHAHA

Boys having fun in the snow!

Liam at the food market - he loves fish - dead or alive!

we were soon back to our home island. This is a picture from our hike at Gun beach - one of our favs!

Liam our professional hiker!

Jet also enjoys the beach.

4 comments:

Briana said...

I am so jealous that you can just pick up and go like that. I would LOVE to do that! What great stories you will have to tell your kids when they get older. Todd wants to know what you meant by the comment that he is sooo black? LOL. He is getting a lot of that and is confused about it. (I'm not cause I told him it was him to a tee) But humor him and tell him what made you think that :)

Allie said...

Looks like you crazies are having so much fun! How amazing to pick up and go to Japan! Kinda beats our Amarillo trip! We love and miss you guys

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Man o man I'm wishing I weren't pregnant so we could pack up and come live with you guys!! I love the beach and am jealous of your pics. Looks like fun!!! We miss you.

Wendy said...

Wow! You're kids are so big and precious! How the heck are you? I'm so glad I saw your comment on my blog----now I can keep track of you!!!