Saturday, March 29, 2008

Blowing P's....

This next post is really about thoughts or events that begin with the letter P. I decided to name it "Blowing P's" after the adorable sound my hubby makes when he's sleeping. It is a hard sound to descibe, but if your husband does it then you know what I'm talking about.

Phillipines and Proposal...

Kelly's cousin Dave recently came to visit us with his girlfriend Terrell. It was really great to meet Terrell finally, and spend time with them. The trip was also special because while they were here Terrell went from being the girlfriend to the FIANCEE. The proposal took place on Gun Beach while we were hanging out. The best part was Terrell had NO clue it was coming! Earlier that morning we had all gone out to breakfast and Liam found some fake tattoos in a candy/toy machine. He wanted to get one, so Terrell found some change for him to buy it. She then thought it would be funny to get one for herself. The one that came out of the machine was the BEST most TRASHY one!!! It was a glittery white tiger with red roses all around it!!! I don't think we could have dreamed up a tattoo that would've been more white trash. She put it on her arm before we took off to the beach! So in all their engagement pictures she has a white tiger tat on her arm!!!!! That story will make me laugh for the rest of my life! I love it!

After they got engaged we decided to take a trip off island with them. We had some complications come up so we weren't able to go to Bali or Palau. I then starting talking up Manila. Kel and I had gone before and it was great. Not really a trip where you stay a long time, but definitly a GREAT shopping trip. I got Terrell all excited about the fabulous shopping we would do when we got there. Our first morning in Manila we headed off to the flea market with the amazing finds and... IT WAS CLOSED!!!!!! I seriously think it is the only time they have ever closed! I couldn't even believe it. And it wasn't going to open until the day we left! While I was super bummed Terrell and Dave just laughed it off. It was actualy a blessing in disguise, because we had to find something else to do. So many people had warned us to never venture out of Manila because it was so dangerous. Well I don't know what those people were talking about... we ended up heading south of Manila into the country side checking out a gorgeous lake with three volcanos in it! It was really beautiful and it turned out to be a lot of fun.



Those are pictures of one of the volcanos we saw and the town near the lake. For a last minute trip it was a lot of fun. The only problem was my packing job - I packed enough for the kids but not enough for me. I always have to repeat my clothes and strip layers off as they get dirty. One day I will be a professional packer... anyway... here is more of he trip...
These next pics are from the inside of our JEEPNEE! Jeepnees are the public transportation vehicles in the Phillipines and they are pretty crazy to ride around in. But we found the art and stickers inside to be entertaining...

The last picture, I put it last for a reason. I just want to say how happy I am for Dave. Terrell is an AWESOME girl! I love the picture below because it totally is her. She is a gorgeous girl, but she is also really down to earth, not afraid to be silly or look stupid. I had so much fun with her and she bonded quickly wth our kids. I'm so happy for Dave that he found someone like her. She is going to make a PERFECT addition to the family!

Picture Perfect... YEAH RIGHT!!!!

Last weekend I took the kids to our branch's Easter Egg Hunt. The hunt was at a beach park Saturday morning. I'm not very good a taking pictures, so I thought I would dress this kids up cute and take some pics of them that day. Pictures of kids hunting for eggs are always so cute and sweet. Well mine started off cute and sweet...



The next thing I know is Arie has picked up a butterfinger egg, squished it all up in her hand and then wiped it all over her outfit!!!! I picked her up to get her away from the candy and then I had chocolate all over my white shirt!!!! Too bad a didn't have on extra layers that day! Needless to say, this is how my picture perfect angel left the Easter Egg Hunt...
Proactiv...
I have considered myself to be lucky in some ways. I was able to glide through my teenage years without getting acne. I was surprised it happened that way. My Dad told me horror stories of awful his skin was in high school. My brother and sister both had acne as teenagers. I was lucky. I already had scaly psoriasis all over my scalp, neck, and arms. I was glad to not have zits too. I enjoyed much of my young-adulthood with relatively clear skin as well - then I got pregnant with Arie! My pregnancy with Arie was fun in some many ways (that sentence is LOADED with sarcasm), and one of those ways was with horrible acne! I kept telling myself it was due to hormones and it would be over in nine months. Well right after I had her I had an even more severe breakout. My skin never really healed and I continue to have breakout after breakout after breakout. I have finally come to terms with the fact that I have the dreaded...dun..dun...dun ADULT ACNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've complained about it a lot and tried several different things. At Terrells recomendation I decided to order Proactiv. After I placed the order online, I waited impatiently everyday for it to get here. Two days ago it arrived!!!!!!! I went through the package and found an offer inside. If you sent in your "before" pictures you could be selected to get free Proactiv. I'm not a girl who passes up a free offer, so I immediatly had Kelly come in the bathroom and take some seriously unflattering pictures of my teenage boy face! I feel like I've already humiliated myself enough with the black-eye picture, so no, I won't be posting the pictures. But I hopefully in the next month or so, if proactiv does what it claims, I will post some "before" and "after" pictures. if any of you have ever tried Proactiv let me know if it worked for you.

Pigtails...
Arie is getting so big with each passing day. She is totally insane too. She is super sweet and also gets in TONS of trouble!!! I swear all I do is follow her around picking up messes behind her. Or I'm constantly swatting her hand for doing something dangerous. She definitly keeps us on our toes!
Lately she is really starting to look older. Every now and then I attempt to fix her hair. I'm not very good at things like this. All I can do to my own hair is blow dry it. I've never been able to french braid or do updo's. I have almost mastered the art of pigtails though. The other day I went to fix her hair and i couldn't believe how much it had grown! She just had a hair cut two months ago! I put her pigtails in and her little curls were long and wild. Liam kept saying she looked a ROCKSTAR!!!!









6 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Clint and I can't get over how much Arie looks like Kelley! Only a cuter, girlier version of course. That is so rad that you guys were there for Dave's proposal! Kelley just worked his way aroung the cousins, huh? Did you know he is pretty much the reason why Clint proposed? Yep, if it hadn't been for him I would probably still be waiting for a ring! Have K tell you the story, it was a good one, all thanks to him! :)

Allie said...

I love all these fun pics of you guys! I am so glad yall had so much fun with Dave and Terrell. She really is a great girl! Sounds like you two really hit it off! How fun! I love that yall made the most of the travel situation, and it sounds like it was a blast in the process.

Okay, Arie and the pigtails just about kills me! She couldn't be more edible and cute if she tried. I do see so much Kel in her, but actually now that she is looking older, I am seeing a ton of you too. Let's just say yall make a dang cute combo! Oh, and my cousin used Proactiv after trying a million expensive cleansing systems and a million prescriptions, and she loved her results from Proactiv. Bummer that its been so frustrating for you, but I gotta say everytime I see you, you look great! We miss you, Allie

The Anglesey Family said...

Your kids are sooo cute! Seriously Allison!!!
Just wanted to let you know that I DID try popcorn with Tabasco sauce..And lets just say that its been my dinner selection for the past four nights. Seeing as Kory has been away....I have been really lax about cooking and this was the PREFECT treat. Anyway....Kory is coming back to the Guam with a suitcase full of my hair supplies....So anytime you want to throw in some highlights let me know!!! Tiffany

Allie said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Seanny is famous for his blowing P's too! My mom and I sometimes stand over him and laugh while he is passed out on the couch! Guess its a Monson boy thing! Too funny!

Jana said...

Holy shit! Your kids are so big now! They are adorable! Kennedy and I were looking at your blog together and she was like LIAM!! She was so excited to see a pic of him. How the hell are you guys? I was so excited when I found your blog.....long story on how I did, anyways...We can't wait to come and visit you guys this year. Hope all is well. Jana Noble

Jana said...

Ok I do have to say I was a little giddy to find you guys. I had asked Kelly what your blog address was last time he was here, but we only ended up watching the famous rope swing thingy on youtube. By the way, AWESOME! We sure miss getting to see you guys. We are really trying to make it out there this year. Oh yeah, I love love love my new "friends" I look at them all the time! Oh.. and good luck getting busy!!! YEEEEEEEAAAAAA!