Saturday, February 2, 2008

Today

Today is my favorite day on Guam so far. There have been many great days so far, full of fun, sun, ocean, all of it. But today is the best.I haven't done anything special, just the usual errands.I got home today, put Arie down for a nap, fed Liam lunch and then put him down for a nap.The weather here right now is AMAZING!!!!!! As soon as both my kids were asleep I opened every window and door in my house so the cool, fragrant, tropical breeze could air out and clean my house. I picked some flowers out of r yard and put them inside, making the new air smell even sweeter. Without my air conditioner on I feel more comfortable in this new clean air, than with the generated cold stuff.Outside all you can hear is wind. Occasionally there is a clink from a golf club hitting a ball, but that is it. Just wind really.There is a clear view of the ocean from where I'm sitting. It is just a big blanket of blue. Sometimes there are white caps on the waves, the sea is more rough today than usual.It is times like this when I don't miss anything I've known before. I don't care that is is Superbowl time. I don't care that I'm paying $7.00 for a gallon of milk. I don't care I haven't good Mexican food in months...This day takes care of all those things. Living on a spec in the middle of the Pacific is the best decision I've ever made. No day could be like this anywhere but here. No pollution, jsut tropical flowers. No noise, just wind and crashing water.Every gust of wind is cleaning my house and every breath I take is cleaning my body. I love it here!


As I was writing this post thinking of how beautiful andrelaxing today is, I heard a little noise behind me. I saw a few blonde hairs darting out from behind a wall. It was Liam, he was supposed be napping on the floor in my room. I got up to put him back in there when he said in an excited voice "Look at my tattoos Mom."


I look down and saw this....



As mad as I was I snapped a picture before cleaning him up. When I pulled out the camera he thought he was off the hook - see his smile.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Isn't that always how it is? You think it's so nice (especially when both kids are sleeping) and then you come to find out one has been very miscevious! Sounds like my day. Livi's always the one getting into trouble, but Ethan might soon catch up to her and even beat her out of that title.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I LOVE his tattoo's! And the view sounds amazing.