Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Last First

So our sweet little boy Ryder Zachary Monson is one years old!!!!!!  His actual birthday was on May 20th, but we didn't have a party for him until a few days later.  His real birthday was filled with a doctors appointment, several shots :( and running errands with mom.  I know, not the greatest birthday!
So what has Ryder been doing lately.... he goes into a standing position all on his own now, he has taken about 4 steps on his own but he quickly crawls again, he has seven teeth (four on top and three on bottom).  He HATES to have diaper changed or to have his clothes changed!  He LOVES bath time, especially if it is with his sibs.  He says Mama, Dada, Tay Too (thank you), buh buh (bye-bye but never when he's supposed to), and he just started giving really sweet open mouth kisses!  Those are my favorite!
Ryder LOVES to be with Liam!  He thinks Liam is so funny and he loves to play with him and laugh at him.  Arie and Ryder are also developing a relationship, slowly but surely.  He loves his Daddy too.  He seems to be more comfortable when Daddy holds him; but is favorite person has to be.... ME!  I know this phase of his life won't last very long so I'm soaking up every minute of it.
Ryder loves going ot the swimming pool.  He loves finally facing forward in the car.  He loves to carry around electronics, so we gave him an old remote and many old cell phones. His newest electronic toy is our super old iPod.
Ryder loves to place a toy in each hand and then push those hands along the floor as he crawls.  Last night he was crawling around with an iPod in one hand and a remote in the other.
Ryder also loves to sing in the car and always sings when I sing.  It is pretty sweet.  Ryder also dances a lot.  Out of all our kids he loves dancing the most!  He also does a lot of low-key head bobbing when he just feels like kickin' back.
We feel so lucky to have Ryder in our home.  His first year has gone by so fast, but every minute of it has been amazing.  He is such a good baby and he is almost always in a very good mood.  He is very patient with all of his family members and never seems to complain no matter how long we are out running errands.  His smile is so warm and so sweet and I could just stare at him all day.  His eyes are kind and he seems to really look at you like he knows you.
Ryder we love you!  Our family could not be complete without you!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BOY!!!!!!
Here are a list of Ryder's nicknames (we are a nickname family soooo here it goes...):
Ryder Cups
Fred Cupples
Cup Cups
Cuppies
Swamers
Swammie Swumps
Swoots
Cups in a Cups
Ryderson
Chupa Chups (thanks Aunt Jill and the girl in the Hong Kong subway)

2 comments:

Jules said...

Aly, Ryder is so darling. My favorite pic is the last one of Ryder and Kelly together. You have an amazing family and life. Happy Birthday to Ryder!

Ash said...

Oh my gosh...he is the CUTEST wittle fing;) I LOVE your nicknames for him...So Aly! I saw some of your Hong Kong pictures with Jill on Facebook but my favorite one was of Ryder back in Guam. I can't get over how cute he is! He is so freaking cute;) I dId love those pictures of Hong Kong. I bet you and Jill just laughed your way through that city. I wish I had been a fly on the wall so that I could have laughed at your jokes! Miss you guys!