Saturday, August 16, 2008

Update on nothing really important...

So I started a new job recently. I don't think it will qualify as a "second income" anytime soon though. I only work about once a week! I got a job at a local furniture store... hmmm I just can't break away from the family biz! I really like the job though. I've been around furniture and interior design all my life so it I felt like it would be a good fit. It is a totally different ballgame from my Mom's store though. By the way - if you haven't been to my Mom's store - Eklektik Interiors - you are missing out!!!! It is so beautiful and very unique. This store on the other hand is very basic. For all of you people from Houston -- I'd relate it to a Gallery Furniture, but set up nicer. Extremely affordable basics. Some of the stuff has some style to it though. I really just got the job so that I could get out of the house once a week and save my sanity. GASP!!!! WHAT?!?!??!?!?!? A good mother - especially a good Mormon mother - would never utter those words! Well guess what? I meant it! I love my kids and feel fortunate to stay at home with them - but sometimes I've got to break free! Kel has been super Dad when I'm a work. Last week I got home he and the kids had just gotten back from the beach (something I'd never do alone!). Liam came running up to me telling me how much fun he had and how Daddy is the best Daddy, when I noticed Liam was running with a 16oz bottle of STRAWBERRY FANTA in his hands!!!!!!! No wonder they like Kelly more than me! Kelly just looked at me like "you weren't supposed to see that". Oh well! I thought I'd post some pictures of the goofy kids. When Daddy is around they just goof off and get dirty.


We've been trying to do better about getting the kids super sweet moments on video. They both love to sing so we decided tonight that we would try and capture there lovely voices live. Liam, of course performed perfectly. Arie on the other hand... basically with Arie, if she knows you want something from her there is no way you are going to get it.

14 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I love it! Especially Arie's refusal. Awesome.

Wendy said...

I love the personality! Congrats on your job! Is it bad when a mom wants to get away from her kids to maintain her own sanity? Maybe that's why I'm trying to go to school, work at my kids' preschool and work as an assistant to a realtor. Maybe that just means I'm really insane, or I have to do that much to stay sane for my family---don't know. Sorry, this should be about you and your family! They're so cute and love the spitfire personality from Arie!!

Your favorite sister said...

Alyson I can't believe you! You are a horrible mother for going and getting a job! Once a week away from your kids. You should feel awful! :) You know I am kidding right?!! Although I don't work, I am so anxiously awaiting for school to start. I need a break from mine or I am going to give them away!

What store is it, by the way? We need a new dining set...

Audrie said...

How funny...I just got a job out of the house 2 weeks ago for the very same reason!! Just 6 hours a week but man it feels so good to be free for a little while :) Arie cracks me up, Kenedi does the exact same thing her fav words are no & mine!

The Anglesey Family said...

TOTALLY AGREE! I just took a PT job too.

The Anglesey Family said...

Moms need something they can do for themselves!

Tara said...

Your kids are so cute!! I love touching Liam's blonde hair.

That dive was actually two, San Luis and Gab Gab. If you ever want to dive it, we'll sponser you on base. They're both very easy.

Have fun at your new job! We desperately need new furniture!!!

Amber Larsen said...

oh you little she devil ; ). Miss your kids, they are so much fun.

Ash said...

That IS AWESOME! I LOVE the hit at the end...she is SOOOO Georgie! Oh how I miss those sweet babies! The kids loved watching that too! Have fun at the JOB!

Ash said...

We are LAUGhing out loud and Georgie just keeps saying again, again, again! I love her raspy voice....so cute!

Allie said...

Oh your kids are so cute, I can't stand that I can't squeeze them right now. Arie is a hoot, and Liam is sweet as ever. We sure miss you guys a lot. I know I was a total slacker about blogging for so long. I think that Bear post just took it out of me emotionally, I couldn't even think about posting for a while. There's also the little fact that I've been leaning over the ol' toilet way too much lately! Oh well, they are worth it right! So, Cubby is psycho. Not so much docile like Bear! We are praying he will mellow out a little. We miss you guys and can't wait to see you. Love you, Allie

amy germer said...

Alyson,
Hey remember me Amy(Brechter)Germer. Your Mom gave me you blog link. Your kids are so cute, Liam looks like Zach! And you look just as beautiful as ever. What fun it must be to live over there with such rich cultures. No fair you live a rock star life and look like a super model. Can see you see how green I am turning?

Kirkhams said...

So I've heard about the videos from my ma! She was talking about the songs and then mentioned that you get a little glimpse of Arie's wrath (or the terrible 2's)I'm glad you posted it! She reminds me so much of Saryn! I picked her up from nursery on Sunday and the teachers were trying to figure out how to best tell me that, "uh, your daughter was uh a little uh violent today." She came out with a black eye (from accidentally hitting herself with a toy). I've got to get her under control! Maybe I should go get a job!

We miss you guys!!

Briana, not Bri-onna. said...

oh aly, I love these!! I can't believe I didn't know about this blog until recently. Arie just cracks me up, little miss attitude!!