Thursday, August 7, 2008

Unda tha Sea!

(just to warn you I had a little trouble at the end of this post with my videos - they didn't get put in the right place - OH WELL!)
Kelly and I took off on our first diving adventure together yesterday. We went out on a boat with a group of locals who dive every Wednesday together. We went to two different spots on the South end of the island by the harbor. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!


Kel and Dave have been diving to pretty much the best dice locations in the world - so to Kel the diving was a little boring. But for me it was soooooo much fun. It was my first dive since getting my certification. I loved it so much that I think I want to get my Advanced Open water Certification (that just means I can dive to deeper depths and do more challenging things).


We recently got under-water housing for our camera and yesterday was our first day using it - so basically the pics didn't turn out that great. But I'll put up the pics anyway so you guys can see some of the things that we saw!


Our first dive there wasn't a lot of coral and it really wasn't very pretty - but we did see an eel! He was sooo cool - he just stuck his head out of his hole and checked us out. But sadly we didn't bring the camera down on the first dive. Kel hadn't been under the water in about five years and it was my first official dive - so we decided to not bring the camera and of course we saw an eel and couldn't document it.


here are pics of our second dive which was much prettier. The only thing that sucked was that it was really overcast, so the colors weren't that visible.. but you can get the idea.







This next pic is of a flat worm. These little guys are famous around the Marianas and they come in hundreds of different color combinations and patterns - some of them glow at night!


I'm going to try to put up some of our videos but we'll see if it works!



We also had the opportunity to see a submarine. The sub came into the harbor where we were about to dive. It caused quite the commotion for some reason - coast guard boats went over to check it out and everything. We couldn't dive until it left. Here are some pics as it passed by us leaving the harbor.


If you look at the top you can see the guys standing on the sub - that gives you an idea of just how big those things are!




10 comments:

Kinsey Pistorius said...

Those pictures are great! Looks like a lot of fun and what a great hobby to do together! We enjoy keeping up with y'all on your blog. Your Hong Kong trip looked fabulous!!! :)

Your favorite sister said...

Oh those pictures are so fun. Kudos to you guys for going out and doing it together. We haven't gone any further than doing a little bit of snorkeling! We are so lame! :) I have some pics for you of Liam from the primary party. So I will bring them on Sunday!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Wow, that tank is ginormous. We want to come see you guys!

The Anglesey Family said...

Kory loved that dive! I bet you guys are having the time of your lives! By the way Allison...You even look pretty under water!

Ash said...

So I'm trying to start a blog her in Altus,OK (boring USA) so your going to have to stop posting all this cool stuff you are doing...you're going to make me look REALLY bad! And it doesn't help that you and Kelly are a crazy, cute, funny, picture posing, tons of character and charm kind of couple either! Stop that!

J/K actually I am soooo glad to see that you are diving...So proud of you for conquering you're fear...you're overcoming the Kathy in ya! Love you AUnt Kath;) Miss you guys!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendy said...

That's so awesome! It seems like you're just taking in all that you can while you're in Guam--good for you!!! So now you can add deep see diver to your list of world traveler, awesome mom & wife! I bet it was really cool to see that submarine!

Amber Larsen said...

ok, I know we're not supposed to feel jealous but I seriously get jealous everytime I read your blog. I mean I'm happy that you guys are having fun, but i'm so jealous!! : ) That sub was HUGE!! How cool that you got to see that in person! JEALOUS- and I think i make just about the same comment every time but it's just bc it's true!

Kirkhams said...

Yay! you finally went diving! I think I would have a hard time breathing in the dilly whopper. I want to try that so bad. Even if it means fainting from over breathing. I guess if we went with you pros you could save me!

I loved all the Hong Kong pictures. Sydney and Spencer are looking at the pictures with me right now and they say (Sydney) "we like the submarine part and we wish we could go scuba diving. I hope we would like it if we were older. (Spencer)" I love you for always and you will get a letter from a light saber." (he's really into the star wars stuff right now. We really miss you chaps! Love you!

Kirkhams said...

Saryn's still asleep for the morning. The day REALLY begins when she wakes up. (I know you can relate). I'm sure if she could say something she would scream as loud as she could and then give you a really cute smile. Yes, let's keep Arie and Saryn apart in the trouble years! Tell Kelly to put on some deodorant (hong Kong pics) and that I think he's cute.