Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Oden's Raven

OK - normally this time of year you might expect me to post pictures of our kids at Christmas. But instead this a CONFESSION blog!

For Christmas my Mom gave Kelly an XBOX 360. At first I was secretly mad that she bought him one. I HATE video games and I HATE how boys turn into lushes when they play them! Kelly was so excited about the stupid thing that I too bought him some games. Kel's parents decided to buy the game ROCK BAND. I have heard that Guitar Hero and games like it are fun; but still I was thinking... "I hate video games!"

Well - we opened ROCK BAND and I can officially say that Kelly and I are the BIGGEST LOSERS EVER!!!!!!!!!! We are both so addicted! The first night we played I did my hair in a Sanjaya mohawk, with a neon green head band, and we ROCKED OUT!!!!!

We formed a band named Oden's Raven (if you know anything about Will Ferrell you will know where that came from). Kel plays lead guitar and I hold it all together on the drums. We have a pretty strong fan base in Stolkholm so far. We were about to go on tour today to Berlin but Arie made us mess up on our song. We got so upset about it that we had to make a new rule that we could only play when the kids are asleep! We are so into the game that we ignore our children. But hey that is the life of a ROCK star's family - sometimes the fans come first! HA!

Wow are we sad! I promise that soon I will post more pics of the kids. We went on a trip to Bangkok and I need to put up some pictures of that too.

Anyway - it is late and I need to go practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

OH my gosh I need to see the mohawk. I have heard all about that game...I'll have to try it out. Don't forget us little people when you become a huge star.

Allie said...

I can totally picture you freaks dancing and rocking out to that game! Sounds addicting! Sean and I might have to come visit and challenge! How was Christmas? We missed yall tons. You better add my blog to yours! Love ya, Allie