Thursday, May 21, 2009

ITS A.....

BOY!!!!!!!!! Yes yes we had a healthy robust little boy today. he was born at 3:43 pm, 7 lbs 10 ozs, 20 3/4 inches long. He has chubby cheeks and meaty hands and he is soooooo sweet. We've also been told by the NICU nurses that he is the loudest in the nursery... why does that not surprise me?
We haven't decided on the full name yet, but we know his first name will be Ryder. We had never thought about this name before, but at 5 am after I got called to go in Kelly suggested it. We were both pretty convinced that we were having a girl so I honestly didn't think about it. But the more and more I said it the more it seemed to be the right name for our newest Monson. Liam and Arie came up to visit and Liam immediately took to the name Ryder as well. So I think we have a first name. Middle name is another story - we have NO idea what that will be. Hopefully by tomorrow we will have one though.
Kel and I are still being lazy but as soon as we put the pics on our computer I will put them on the blog with more details about our big day.
All I can say is I'm so happy to have another sweeet little baby to love on. And seeing Liam and Arie with him for the first time was a really sweet and priceless moment.

5 comments:

Amber Larsen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is SO exciting! And I LOVE the name Ryder!! It's so cute and it flows perfect with your family!! Can't wait to see pics, I bet he's adorable. Love you!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see little Ryder (love the name) and hear all about the delivery. Get some rest and we love you guys!

Allie said...

Yay!!! He is so cute and I love his little cheekies! Can't wait to watch these guys grow up together! Love you guys a ton and please please please let me know what we can do to help with the new baby phase! We will take Liam and Arie anytime!

Your favorite sister said...

Congratulations Monson family! How fun for you! I can't wait to see pictures. We have a nephew named Ryder. Love the name.

eyre blog said...

YEAH! I cannot wait to see this kid!! Post pictures already!