Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Island Children

I haven't posted in a while and I actually have had things to post about.... lazy I guess.

Living here on Guam life is very relaxed and casual. So casual in fact that my kids usually run around in their underwear and diaper. The only clothes we wear consistently are swimsuits. It has gotten so bad that when I try to put clothes on my kids Liam asks "Mom, where are we going?" Or if he sees me walk into the room with his clothes in my hands he starts crying and saying "MOM!!! I don't want to go anywhere!!"

The other day Liam woke up from a nap and we went outside to let Jet out. Our neighbor's girls were playing outside too. Liam wanted to play with them... I saw him run inside... when he came out he looked like this....
Yep - that's my boy running around in underwear and running shoes! And I love that he wasn't the least bit embarrassed! To make it even better, he was the only boy playing with about 4 different girls. The ladies love him!

Our neighbors daughter, Claire, is HILARIOUS!!!!! She was bragging to me about how strong she is, and to prove it this is what happened...

Did you see those cute little buns??? Arie also loves to run around like a little island girl...
When my kids do wear clothes, they choose to sport the latest designs courtesy of ALPA (thanks Honey!)...
Before I end this I just can't help but post these pics of Arie. She looks older everyday to me!

10 comments:

The Anglesey Family said...

Oh my gosh....Your kids are so cute. Ya...Liam was never shy about showing me is "big boy" underwear at nursery. It was like all the sudden he would pull down his pants and say," look teacher....big boy underwear!" I was just hoping no one was outside looking in. I probably would have been thrown in jail for child pedifilia! Oh....Liam! Although I was happy that he was no longer in Diapers....I was reluctant to look!
Anyway....Oh....You did not have to get me a present! But thank you! I'll be at church on Sunday.....Please don't make a special trip! Its soo hard getting the kids in car. Thanks again. Tif

Wendy said...

They are so cute! I can't believe how much Liam looks like Zach! Will you take a nap on the beach for me? I'd love to go on vacation just to do that!

Briana said...

It looks so beautiful!! Your kids are adorable. I want to run around in my underwear and not care :)

Allie said...

Cutest pics! I love all the bougenvilla (sp?) in the background! One of my favorite flowers for sure, and that is your back yard!!!! We HAVE to come see you! My boys would love to join their cousins in nakedhood! I can't believe how old Arie looks, I can't wait to get my hands on her! Blake is excited Liam is coming to town! Can't wait to see you! Allie

Jana said...

Your kids are so dang cute. If I could run around in my skivies all day I would!

Your favorite sister said...

Hey Allison. Those are way too cute. Can you have Liam teach Ivan? He has no interest in potty training!

Hey, sorry to ask you this here, I don't have your email, does Harm have a sleepover this week? All I found was a paper and Harmony said oh yeah we do?! Let me know ok?

thanks :)

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Wow, Arie is getting so big! She gets cuter and cuter the older she gets. What a cute family you got goin on!

Amber Larsen said...

That's awesome. i wish I could run around in my underwear. Kinsey saw me in mine the other day and told me i looked rediculous... there goes that idea!! your kids are so dang cute and i bet they're having a blast out there. lucky dog. tell kel hi for me!! love ya

Kirkhams said...

Lovin' Liam's little buns! And his cute little calves (I have this thing with nice calf muscles). We're excited to see you crazies soon! Don't forget the extra undies!

Jenni said...

Too cute...it totally reminds me of Hawaii. My kids looked like little island kids while we were there - I swear they lived in their swimsuits. It was awesome! Your kids are sooooo CUTE! What great memories they are going to have! We are super jealous!