Friday, January 30, 2009

Why Why!!!!!!!!

I don't know why I do the things I do...
Both of my kids need hair cuts - bad. I know some of you are thinking "THANK GOODNESS SHE IS GOING TO CUT LIAM'S HAIR!" Well.. no I'm not. I will cut it but it will stay on the longer side. He has such great thick hair and he looks so cute with a surfer/island look. But I admit right now it is CRAZY long!!! I want to get it trimmed but the last time I took him to someone on Guam they totally hacked it! She told me it would look like Zac Efron (High School Musical - he is so cute!) and she did a HORRIBLE job! So now if I ever want it cut I just take him to my guy in Houston. I do think it is a little crazy to pay for haircuts for little kids, especially boys, but I really am going for a look with Liam and I don't want someone to make him look stupid! Besides I only cut his hair about twice a year, so I'm really not spending that much money. And my mom is so desperate for me to cut his hair she usually offers to pay for it. HAHA! Kelly keeps trying to convince Liam to "cut your hair to look like Daddy". And while I do think my husband is very handsome... well... he and Liam have totally different hair! I am not just going to let Kelly whack it all off! I'm standing firm on this one. Liam has the rest of his life to have a straight-laced look... why start now???
Well after all that ranting that is not why I'm writing this. This is actually about Arie. She has been needing a trim as well. She's never had a haircut really... 1/4 of an inch here, 1/4 of an inch there. And once we had someone trim her bangs. I haven't wanted to cut her hair because she has fabulous little ringlets in the back and I know if I cut her hair they will be gone. But the problem is that the hair that grows from the top of her head has no curl - it is completely straight! So her hair looks a little ratty. Or to use the phrase my family uses - it is a little "cat-sucky". Well after I bathed the kids tonight I decided I would try and trim her hair when she got out of the tub. It was a mistake for several reasons. One - because Kelly is flying and I didn't have anyone to make sure she kept her head still. What should've taken 10 minutes took 25! Second - I'm REALLY bad at cutting hair. Cutting hair really is a talent. I hear parents say all the time that they cut their kids hair and sometimes I'm thinking "yep you can definitely tell!" Other people, even though they aren't professionals, do an ok job. I'm NOT one of those people. When I put her to bed her hair was still half wet so I have no idea what it really looks like, but I'm nervous to see it in the morning. I'm nervous that the little tendrils will be gone forever, and that my last minute ambition of putting fringe around her face was the stupidest decision of my life! When it comes to my own hair I'm pretty much fearless. My attitude is that hair grows back, nothing is permanent. I love to experiment and have totally different looks (I don't really have that opportunity on Guam though). But when it comes to my kids hair I'm definitely freaking out!!!! I cut about two inches off of Arie's hair which is actually a good amount of hair! I'll take pics in the morning and hopefully it won't be as bad as I'm thinking it is. Doing hair is NOT my calling in life!

3 comments:

The Anglesey Family said...

You always had the best hair! I loved the cut you got in the Philippians!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Hurry and post a pic, can't wait to see how it looks!

Wendy said...

I'm sure it's not that bad, and if it is, it'll grow back, just like you always say about you hair!! I can't believe you're having baby #3~~congrats!!!