Monday, July 14, 2008

Off to HONG KONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are leaving for Hong Kong today. We'll be gone for about 5 days and we are super excited!!! Two families in our branch just happen to be going at the same time as us, and our neighbors are also going as well! So there will be lots of fun friends and lots of kids too. We plan on spending a day at Disney Land, and Liam is so excited about I literally think he is going to explode. Everyday he wakes up and asks me if I'm excited about going. I can't wait to see his face when he finally realizes we are there. I'm excited to see Mickey and the Princesses but I'm really looking forward to good food, big buildings, bargain shopping, old Chinese medicine men, and the humidity (not really that last one, but it will be there so I guess I'll get excited about it). I'll report back with details of the trip and some pictures.
I had the opportunity to go to a baptism this last weekend. We had four people get baptized into our small branch. I wasn't really thinking I was going to go, but my neighbor called and said we should go because we had taken one of the investigators to church a couple of times and we should be supportive. So in about 20 minutes I dressed myself and the kids and we took off. I'm sooooooo happy that I went. It was really neat. The talks were very good and hymns we sang we perfect. But when we went outside (yes our font is outside - how cool!) to see the actual baptisms I couldn't stop crying! It was so awesome. You could just see how happy the people were as they came out of the water. The spirit was so strong! Not only was everyone there happy about the event, but you knew those looking down from heaven were so happy too. I know it is good to go to new member baptisms for support, but I honestly want to go for myself too. It was an amazing spiritual experience!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Jealous!!! Have a blast! We sure miss you guys!

Tiffany said...

Have fun in Hong Kong! I am sooo jealous!
I know how you feel! I cried my eyes out at the baptism on Loni's family!